Saint Laurence Church probably dates from before the mid-12th century. One of the supporting stones of the old Norman font is believed to be of Saxon origin with its characteristic wheat sheaf shape. The church is a grade II listed building. It is believed that the small cell which is now the vestry was the original church with the old altar stone placed under the east window in the present day vestry. The north window is only two inches wide which is a feature of early windows when glass was not used in them. There is an early thirteenth century tower which has six bells and an early fourteenth century chancel with a north chapel dating from the latter part of that century. A spire was added in the fifteenth century. The church is constructed from the local ironstone or Horton stone and was restored in 1875. The earliest recorded Vicar of Shotteswell was Father Stotterwell in 1287 but no Vicarage existed until 1381..
See Weelly News for details of services.